10 enero 2009

Pancakes at 2am


There is nothing better than eating pancakes at 2 am in the hospital. The tradition was started when I brought pancakes to my sister who was with her week old daughter in the women's and children's center. This morning my friend Aimee from the ER brought me pancakes that have never tasted better. They are from our cafeteria and as the food I have been eating has been truly terrible, they have never been more welcome. You know if one has to be in the hospital, one should work there first, meet amazing and awesome people, and then have surgery. I have had so many visitors who have brightened up my life by coming to see me and wishing me well. I have a jungle of flowers on my table, each arrangement embarrassing me with their beauty and kindness. I feel so blessed. I'm trying to take meds only every 5 hours or so, hoping to stretch it out as much as possible. Still no pic of the incision, hopefully I can score one tomorrow with Rachel's camera. Everyone says it looks great though, that they hardly cut any hair and that once healed, it will be difficult to see the scar. They sutured the muscles inside and glued the skin together on the outside so it looks pretty great. To my list of visitors I would like to add Vicky, Zac, Hannah, Eddie & Tori, Mom again, Rachael & Judy, Stephanie, Aunt Nanette and Aaron, Dustin & Lindsay, Oscar & Amiee, and Farid. Mom and Aunt Nanette & Aaron brought me flowers. I am so lucky to know so many good people with good hearts. It means so very much. Douglas can only repeat one word, descansa. I think I will only truly decansar cuando lo tenga conmigo a mi lado.

No spanish because I just had brain surgery... what's your excuse?

No hay comentarios.: