OK loyal readers. I have now found a good use for the early morning hours at work when there are no traumas happening in the ER. A short general update would involve the following subjects:
SCHOOL
I am taking an enforced break from classes. I'm done at NVCC (better known as NOVA) and have reached the point where their are no higher level classes to take and I can't start classes until the fall at George Mason. I'm enjoying the break, I'm sure it means that I will be fresh when I start in the fall. I'm also getting in lots of personal reading, which is a pleasure I am always happy to rediscover. I've read 6 books in the 3 weeks since I finished.
WORK
I only have one job right now (as opposed to 2 jobs and full-time school) so I am picking up extra hours in order to fill the time and earn some extra $ for traveling to El Salvador this summer and for school in the fall. I still work night shifts - 7pm to 7:30am - and find I prefer them. The phone doesn't ring so much! Three 12 hour shifts equal a full work week, I try to work 4.
CHURCH
I'm still teaching the 16 year old Sunday School class. I am also helping out with Youth Conference and Girls Camp this summer. I told them last year that I probably wouldn't be able to do it, but I guess I just can't escape. Looks like next year I'll have to leave the country to escape it! (I'll actually be studying abroad.)
BOYFRIEND
Douglas is great. We stay in contact, talking on the phone every day, usually twice, although occasionally a day will pass when our schedules don't meet up and we won't talk. We remedy it as soon as we can. More than anything else, we are looking forward to seeing each other in 2 months.
FAMILY
Just had the family reunion and it was awesome to be with everyone. I think a week was a perfect amount of time to be together before any blood was spilt. I don't love that the next time we'll be all together will be in 4 years, but I'm banking on either Rachel or I getting married before then so we'll be able to have everyone together for a short amount of time again soon.
HOME
My room is getting put together more and more as I have a bit more spare time and as I continue to pare down my possessions. I think that if I cannot fit all I own into one room at this point in my life, I will always have too many things. I've seen families who have much, much less and live very happily. Part of the problem is that I have many and diverse interests, like knitting, fishing, art, cds, books, movies, craft projects, travel, sports, etc. All of these take equipment and so I have lots of stuff. I'm trying to cut it all down.
So there's the basic update. I'll make sure to put up lots of pictures in my next post because a blog without lots of pictures is really boring.
Voy a traduccir todo mañana a español. Voy a tener más tiempo luego.
LA ESCUELA
EL TRABAJO
LA IGLESIA
MI NOVIO
LA FAMILIA
EL HOGAR

1 comentario:
Thanks for the update, love! Looks like you are living life and enjoying it. That's fun that you are going to be going back to El Salvador soon. What a sweet reunion, eh? :)
Publicar un comentario