11 junio 2008

early morning boredom

I actually like working nights at the ER. I have found that right around 3:30 is when I get really fun and I start dancing and singing spontaneously. Plus there is something so very nice about getting to sleep during the day and having it be totally legit. The extreme downside is that I don't get to talk to Douglas to say goodnight because it is usually busy until about 1 in the morning. Because of that, I call before I start my shift and if I really miss him or we didn't get to talk very long, I call him in the morning when I get off, 8 my time, 6 his, to wake him up and chat before he has to get ready for work and I go to bed for a while.

En realidad, me gusta trabajar por la noche. Aprendía que a las tres y medio en punto es cuando estoy un poco loca y de repente bailo y canto. También hay algo bonito en dormir durante el día y es permisible. Lo que no me gusta es no puedo decir buenos noches a Douglas porque usualmente estoy bien ocupada en mi trabajo hasta a la una en la mañana. Por eso, le llamo antes de empiezo mi trabajo y si lo extraño mucho o no hemos tenido mucho tiempo para hablar, lo llamo en la mañana cuando termino, a las ocho, a las seis en El Salvador, para despertarse y placticar antes de él necesita listarse para su trabajo y yo necesito dormir un rato.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Necisito mas de Nancy Blog. Donde esta Nancita?

Leslita

Robin dijo...

Nancy, it is Robin Rogers (Wolf), Nyoka's Mom. How the heck are you? Love reading your blog. So glad you have one. I always ask Nyoka how you are because I know she keeps in touch with you. So glad to hear you are doing well. Give me a holler some time.