25 julio 2007

Indian Movies

I love Indian Movies. I saw my first one in December of 2004 with my good friend Leslie Stalter, Monsoon Wedding. Since then I hadn't really seen any but recently have been reintroduced by my friend Janeen Kincaid. I really like them because the basic plots are just good and entertaining and though all do not end happily, they all end perfectly. My favorite thus far is Bluffmaster because it is just good fun and has an unexpected ending. There are so many I want to watch and don't really have time to so my solution is to watch them while I am working out on my bike. As most of them are about 3 hours in length, that's a good 3 sessions. The great thing is because they all have subtitles, I don't have to worry about breathing too loudly, I can just watch and go. Now I just need a more comfortable seat for the bike as my butt keeps falling asleep! My other huge challenge is remembering the titles of the movies. One of my discoveries has been that it is harder to remember things in another language.

Me gustan las películas de india. Vi mi primera en el diciembre de 2004 con mi buena amiga Leslie Stalter, "La Boda de la Monzón". No había visto desde entonces pero han sido reintroducidos a mi recientemente de mi amiga Janeen Kincaid. En realidad me han gustado porque los diagramas básicos son buenos y entreteniendo y aunque todas no terminan feliz, todas terminan perfectamente. Mi favorito ahora es "Bluffmaster" porque es una buena diversión y tiene un conclusión inesperado. Hay muchas que deseo mirar y realmente que no tengo tiempo así mi solución es mirarlas mientras que me estoy haciendo ejercicios en mi bicicleta. La mayoría de las películas están cerca de 3 horas y puede servir para 3 sesiones. La cosa buena es porque todas tienen subtítulos, yo no tengo que preocuparme de respirar demasiado en alta voz, puedo leer e ir. ¡Solo necesito ahora un asiento más cómodo para la bicicleta así mis nalgas no van a dormir! Mi otro desafío enorme está recordando los títulos de las películas. Uno de mis descubrimientos ha sido que es más duro recordar cosas en una otra lengua.

2 comentarios:

Fetcher dijo...

Yeah, Indian movies are always cool, since the Pale Face always wins out in the end !

FairfaxBuddha dijo...

Wrong kind of Indian! Blame Columbus.