11 enero 2009

Welcome to the Jungle


I am posting a picture of all the flowers I received while in the hospital. It includes some strawberries and a korean pear as well. The roses in front on the side are from Douglas. He sent them to me from El Salvador and I am just so grateful to him for sending them because it is difficult to do from so far away. I love him so much for doing that. All in all there are 7 arrangements including a plant and tulips, which are my favorite flower. Yesterday Thad came to visit me along with María, Mariana, Ashley, Emily & Alfredo. Erik and Courtney came and we had 3/4 of l'auberge for a short time. Afterwwards Ruby & William, Maricela & Ricardo came and brought me some flowers from them and the roses from Douglas. It made me so happy to have all of them here. It made me cry to know how much I am loved. I am so blessed to have everyone visit me all the way from Maryland and parts distant, to take time from their schedule just to see me.
It was a good realization for me because it has helped me get through this last night, which has been restless and painful. I think everything is just now sinking in, I had brain surgery, I won't be better for weeks, I have no energy and, wow, I am in pain. I'll just have to take everything a day at a time. I'm really anxious to leave tomorrow, to sleep in my own bed and take a real shower.

2 comentarios:

Robin dijo...

So glad you are doing so well. You will be back to normal soon, I'm sure. Just wanted to wish you well.

Love, Robin Rogers (Wolf, Nyoka's Mom)

malia dijo...

i am glad that you are feeling the love. i hope that everything is going well for you and that you will have a speedy recovery! sure love you!