05 julio 2007

Girls Camp 2007


Girls Camp is coming up really soon and with just finishing school and all that has happened with Douglas' family, I haven't really thought about it at all. Now here it is, a week and a half away and I've just begun to think about it. I really love Girls Camp, it's something I do well. I know how to sing, how to start a fire, how to give a talk and how to work with the youth so it just fits. I don't get bored of it but I don't like being pigeon-holed. I'll probably end up doing it when I'm 60 and still love it. I would like to say I can't do it next year so that I can take classes towards my education, but I am rather unsure that I will be able to stick to my decision. What I hate most of all is that it means being far away my means of communication with Douglas and I don't love that so soon after such a tragic loss. I love being in the woods though, it is wonderful and definitely higher on my list than the beach. I only regret that I can't take my hammock and tie it up in the trees there. I discovered during my last trip to El Salvador that nothing helps one relax better than hanging in a hammock.

http://www.us-parks.com/catoctin/index.html - Our camp, Nuestro campamento

El campamento de las mujeres jóvenes empieza en poco menos de dos semanas. Porque la escuela acaba de terminar y toda que ha sucedido con la familia de Douglas, casi no lo he pensado. Realmente me gusta mucho ayudar con el campamento, es algo que puedo hacer muy bien. Sé cómo cantar, comenzar un fuego, cómo dar una charla y cómo trabajar con la juventud así lo me cabe muy bien. No consigo aburrido de acampar sino que no me gusta que otros piensan que es todo que puedo hacer. Probablemente lo haré hasta que tenga 60 años y todavía lo amaré. Quisiera decir que no pueda hacerlo el año próximo de modo que pueda tomar clases para mi educación, pero estoy un insegura a que podré pegar a mi decisión. Lo que odio sobretodo es que significa que estaré muy lejano de mis medios de la comunicación con Douglas y no me gusta eso tan pronto después de su pérdida tan trágica. Me encanta estar en el bosque sin embargo, es maravillosa y definitivamente más alta en mi lista que la playa. Lamento solamente que no pueda tomar mi hamaca y atarla para arriba en los árboles allí. Descubrí durante mi viaje pasado a El Salvador que nada ayuda a uno a relajar mejor que colgando en una hamaca.

No hay comentarios.: